How To Create a New Page?
Although the Page Builder application comes with a plethora of ready-made page elements, at one point in time, you might need to create your own to satisfy your specific requirements. How to create a new page with the EComposer app? – We’ll cover in the short tutorial below:
1. Create a New Page
We have 2 ways to create a new page: From the EComposer Dashboard and From EComposer Builder page.
1.1. From EComposer Dashboard.
Go to Pages option to create a new page. You guys can follow the video below:
1.2. From EComposer Builder page.
From EComposer Builder page, click on the Pages dropdown > Click Create new page button:
After pressing the Publish button, you will see the popup below indicating that the page has been successfully saved!
Once you wanna view the page, you can click the View button. The page will redirect to the page that show all content that you published before.
And if you want to see the layout as you build your page, you can view it without publishing all of the changes by clicking the Preview button.
2. How do you create page content?
2.1. Drag and add some elements to the Page
After creating a page, you can select Column Structure and Drag an element to the page.
2.2. Import a free template from Library to the Page
Or you also can use some Free page templates that was built by EComposer team. Click the “Explore Library” button to explore more. Kindly follow the video below:
If you are pleased with the outcome, click the Publish button to save your changes. You can also make changes to a Published page and save the changes as a Draft version. That is, you will not damage your published page by saving your work as Draft.
And this is what we got:
3. Configure the Page Information
If you want to configure some information for the page, please click the Publish button, and a popup will appear. The general information setting board will be displayed, and you can then fill in the blanks with information such as:
- Page title: Add the page title here.
- Page handle or human URL: Normally, the page handle will same as Page title, but you also can change the page handle here.
- Page layout: You can feel free to choose a page layout here.
- Shopify theme (Include header & footer of the published theme)
- EComposer canvas (Without theme header & footer)
- Meta description: You can add the Meta description for page here. A meta description is an attribute within your meta tags that help describe your page.
- Social sharing image (Optimize for SEO): This option allows you to upload an image for Social sharing.
- After edit the Page Infomation, please click the “Publish” button to save the changes.
4. Where does the page get saved after it's created?
After you guys created the page, the page will be saved in Shopify backend > Online Store > Pages. Kindly view the video below:
Note: If you wanna edit the page, you have to go to EComposer Builder page to edit the content.
5. How do I add the page to the Menu?
From Shopify backend > Online Store > Navigation option > Open the Menu that you wanna add the page > Click Add menu item button:
After selecting the page, click the Add button to add it to the menu. You have successfully added the page to the menu by clicking the Save menu button.