How to create an Article template?
As you know, blog posts are a pretty important part of every store, but Shopify’s default template is too simple and does not meet your needs. If you are wanting to build a wonderful template, EComposer can help you out.
To build an article template, you simply need to Drop and Drag any element that belongs to create an article template. After finishing with a bunch of simple stages so you can end up with a cool article template created by yourself.
1. How to build a new Article template (Built with EComposer)
By default, Shopify provides only one template for all article pages of your store. This template will overwrite your current theme template and the changes you made will apply to all your Article Template.
In order to create a new Article Template, please follow these steps:
- From App dashboard –> Blog pages
- Create Create Blog Post
1.1. Building a new Article template in EComposer and using the content from Shopify
- First of all, you must create your article in Shopify and publish it. EComposer will render the content of the article from Shopify to show.
- Choosing a structure first and then Dragging any elements from the left-slider bar to configure.
- Title: This element will take the title of your article from Shopify to show.
- Image: Whenever you want to add an image, please come to this element to do it. This will let your readers easily get the point of your post via the picture.
- Content: The post will not be perfect without this part, because you can write lots of the main things to deliver to your readers through the content.
- Tags: This element will help you view the tag for the purpose of letting the reader easily search for your articles.
- Author: Help you show the author’s name here.
- Comments, Comment count, Comment form: This element will present the comments from your customers. Including the number of comments, and so on.
- Date: Come to this element the customers may update the date and time when you post it on your store.
You can connect together between Basic Element and Blog Post in the same Article Template.
1.2. Building a new Article template in EComposer and using EComposer to build the content for your article
Since Shopify Blog posts have limited customization, you can also create your article content inside EComposer, let’s learn how to do it.
- First, we need to navigate to Shopify -> Blog posts and create a blog post first so EComposer can have a page to assign to.
- Second, you can customize your article page to your liking with Elements from EComposer.
Be sure to select Apply for specific articles in the Save setting and choose the correct article post.
Do the same for other blog posts. For example, if you want to have 10 posts, you must create 10 posts in Shopify first, and then create 10 Blog post templates in EComposer.
On the Saving popup, you can see the Apply for option.
- None: Which means you apply for nowhere, just save it.
- Apply for all articles: This action will apply the Article template from EComposer to all of your articles. It will overwrite to the Shopify default template.
- Specific articles: That means several articles that you select, which will be applied.
3. How to restore to the Shopify default Article template?
In case you don’t want to use Article template from EComposer and you want to restore to Shopify default template, please follow the below steps:
- From the Ecomposer dashboard
- Click on Blog pages
- Hit on the button Restore
- The first way: Click on the dropdown menu Blog post -> More options -> Delete.
- The second way: Go on Blog –> Hover on the template –> Remove button