Table Of Contents
This extension is a powerful yet user friendly extension that automatically creates a context specific index or table of contents (TOC) for long pages (and custom post types). More than just a table of contents plugin, this plugin can also output a sitemap listing pages and/or categories across your entire Article page. Let’s take a look at the key features of this extension.
Key Features of the Table of Contents extension:
- Generate the Table of contents without modifying your contents.
- Easy to install and implements.
- Customize the design according to your choice.
1. How to install/add the Table of Contents extension?
First, we’ll need to open the Extension popup, you have two ways:
- Click on the Extension icon at the top left corner.
- Under the Extension tab, click Add more.
On the Extension popup, you can see the Table of Contents extension, click Install now to install it right the way.
Adding the Extension is really easy, all you need to do is drag and drop.
2. Configuring the extension
First you select the article here. And here’s the details on each option:
- Choose content: You can select the content for the Table of Contents as Full page or only Blog content.
- Heading/Button text: These text can be change depending on your need.
- Type: There’s 2 option below.
- Tag Navigator: Uses the heading tag of your element to display the navigator.
- Selector CSS: Uses the CSS class selector that you set for the text as the navigator.
- Heading Tag Level/Selector css level: You can select the Heading tag or paste your CSS selector in here as Level 1 and 2 navigator.
- Show index level 1,2: Display the number before the navigator.
- Icon: Allow you to select icon to show before the navigator.
- Enable sticky position: Enabling this will make the table of contents to be sticky when you scroll down the post.
Design have a couple of tabs for you to customize:
- General tabs allows you to change the background color, create box shadow and border for the extension.
- Heading have settings such as Alignment, Typography, Text color and more.
- Switch button gives you option to change the height, width, border, border radius of the Button and more which is covered here.
- Navigator and Navigation level 2 have very similar settings and are all explained here.
This tabs have been very well documented here.